Colour & Material Designer
At Cliff Design, we focus on design! We are working as team members in our OEM-clients design departments and we are work with project-based commitments towards other clients. We constantly need to be challenged and are always interested in connecting with dedicated creative souls. Currently we are looking for an Colour & Material Designer.
You will represent Cliff Design and work on site at one of our clients design studios. You will create and deliver design proposals according to our clients values and project requests in ongoing assigned programs.
Responsibilities and tasks
• Produce creative detailed design solutions fulfilling complex technical criteria.
• Develop concepts which are translated into practical solutions in cooperation with external
suppliers or collaboration partners.
• Follow up within your specialist area with engineering and suppliers.
• Prepare presentation material and participate in design reviews.
• Attend in relevant project and engineering meetings.
• Work with- and guide modelling teams/trim shop.
• University degree within Design and/or Fine Arts or Fashion.
• Minimum 3 years’ experience in automotive/transportation Design or in other creative areas e.g. interior design, architecture or fashion.
• Industrial knowledge within hard finishes as metal, wood, paint, decorative foils and plastic.
• Very good sense for colours and patterns.
• Very good colour vision.
• Understanding of complete car development process and design processes.
• Strong communicator with good presentation skills.
• Skilled in Adobe Creative Suite with ability to visualize and communicate ideas effectively in 2D and 3D.
• Strong drive, independent and confident as well as a good team player.
• Structured, methodical and analytical with good planning skills.
• Flexible and able to work under constrained time schedules and frequently revised circumstances.
• Fluent in English, both spoken and written.
• Experience in 3D softwares like Alias, VRED, KeyShot
• Passionate and very strong sense for colours and trends
• Ability to drive, motivate and convince
• Persistency to pursue targets and take decisions
• Communicative with good verbal and visual presentation skills
• Independent and confident as well as a good team player
• Structured, methodical, and analytical with good planning skills
• Ability to understand and analyze requirements from upper management
• Flexible, and able to work under constrained time schedules
• Cultural awareness, especially Asian and European culture
• Be able to travel to global suppliers
• We will prefer applicants with work permit for Sweden (or EU citizenship) since the start date is ASAP.
• In addition to CV we will only consider applications with attached work samples (pdf-portfolio or web portfolio link).
Deadline for application: 2019-04-26 selection and interviews will take place continuously. The position may be filled before the closing date, so please apply as soon as possible.